Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Zurich.

Zurich was an amazing place to have a layover. I got to walk around and enjoy the holiday festivities and see the beautiful city all light up by Christmas lights. I seriously have never seen anything like it before. The hang lights over everything. I say one 10+ story building covered top to bottom with lights. It was a winter wonderland and I had a great time just walking around by myself window shopping. I also got to try some of the holiday food like warm potatoes with melted cheese on top and a warm wine and rum drink that was really quite yummy and very warming. And then I decided to try some chocolates. They were by far the best dark chocolate truffles I have ever had. EVER.





 I love chocolate.
 Cheese to put on my potatoes.
 I'm not sure why they get dressed up to sell the warm wine out of cauldrons but it is festive and fun.
 Yummy.






The bottom part of the ornament is chocolate. Genius. 

Switzerland is a beautiful place and they have amazing chocolate. Zurich is pretty and clean and runs right along a river so even though it is landlocked you still get to be by water. Even though I didn't get to see any more of the country I got to catch a glimpse of the Alps as I flew in from Spain. I would love to explore the whole country at some point.

1 comment: